Nami is a central character in the anime and manga series “One Piece”. She is the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates and one of the Senior Officers of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet. Nami is the third member of the crew and the second to join, doing so during the Orange Town Arc.
She is the adoptive sister of Nojiko after the two were orphaned and taken in by Bell-mère. Nami was formerly a member of the Arlong Pirates and initially joined the Straw Hats so that she could rob them in order to buy back her village from Arlong. However, she legitimately joined the Straw Hats after they rebelled against and defeated Arlong. Her dream is to make a map of the entire world.
Nami first gained a bounty of 16,000,000 following the raid on Enies Lobby. It later increased to 66,000,000 after the Dressrosa Arc. Following the Raid on Onigashima, her bounty was increased to 366,000,000.
Nami is a slim young woman of average height with orange hair and brown eyes. She has a black tattoo (blue in the anime) on her left shoulder, which represents mikan, and pinwheels (a homage to Bell-mère, Nojiko, and Genzo, respectively), where she used to have a tattoo for being a member of Arlong’s crew.
Her overall physique matures slowly throughout the series and then suddenly during the timeskip (though this is most likely a simple change in style of artwork). Her fashion frequently changes as does her hair style. Many of her shirts feature four-letter words, such as “Gold” or “EVIL”, similar to a shirt that Bell-mère once wore that had “MACE” on it. On her left wrist, she wears the Log Pose, which she needs in order to be the navigator of the ship, and a gold bracelet, given to her by her sister, Nojiko.
After the timeskip, her outfit consists of a revealing green and white bikini halter top, tight low-rider jeans (that expose a bit of her hips and rear), orange high-heeled sandals and a pair of pearl-like earrings that she constantly wears. Ever since arriving to the New World, Nami sports a new belt that is black with a “3” symbol on it where she can also keep the pieces of her Sorcery Clima-Tact on the right side and puts the belt around her waist when she is fighting seriously against an opponent.
Abilities and Powers:
As the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates, Nami is responsible for making sea charts and steering the ship on the ocean. She is also a skilled pickpocket and is proficient in using a staff. After the timeskip, Nami is shown to have increased her navigation skills, and has also learned how to use the Weatheria technology to manipulate weather, which she uses in her improved Clima-Tact to create powerful weather-based attacks.
Nami is intelligent and has a love for money, which stems from her childhood where she had to collect money to buy back her village from the Arlong Pirates. Despite her love for money, Nami is very generous and is willing to put herself in danger for the sake of her friends and crew. She is also very brave, although she usually hides it for the sake of her own safety.
Notable Quotes from Nami in One Piece
- “Life is like a pencil that will surely run out, but will leave the beautiful writing of life.”
- “No matter what happens, don’t be sorry you were born, don’t forget to smile in any situation. As long as you’re alive there will be better things later, and there will be many.”
- “You can’t bring back what you’ve lost, think about what you have now!”
- “I’m not going to die in a place like this. If anywhere would do, I’d rather die at sea!”
Q: What is Nami’s dream in One Piece? A: Nami’s dream is to draw a complete map of the world. She has a great passion for navigation and cartography, which is why she became the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates.
Q: What is Nami’s role in the Straw Hat Pirates? A: Nami serves as the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates. She is responsible for guiding the ship on its course and for making sure it avoids any dangers at sea.
Q: Does Nami have any special abilities? A: Yes, Nami has the ability to control weather patterns using a tool called the Clima-Tact. This tool, combined with her knowledge of meteorology, allows her to create various weather effects to aid in battle.
Q: What is Nami’s relationship with the other characters in One Piece? A: Nami has a complex relationship with the other characters in One Piece. She is often seen as a sister figure by the other members of the Straw Hat Pirates. She has a particularly close relationship with Luffy, the captain of the Straw Hat Pirates, who she trusts deeply.
Q: Why is Nami’s bounty so low compared to the other Straw Hat Pirates? A: Nami’s bounty is lower than some of the other Straw Hat Pirates because she is not typically involved in the major battles. Her skills are more strategic in nature, and she often plays a supporting role in the team’s adventures.
- Nami’s favorite food is mainly oranges, as well as other kinds of fruit.
- She dislikes a lot of things, but the most notable are the police and pirates.
- Her favorite type of island and season is summer on a spring island.
- Nami’s specific numbers are 03 and 73.
- She typically sleeps at 11:00 P.M. and wakes up at 7:00 A.M.
- Her associated color is orange.
- Her associated animal is a cat.
- Her associated smell is money.
- Her favorite dish to cook is roasted duck.
- She wishes to meet someone like a handsome, rich prince.
- Her birthday, July 3, comes from her name since 7-3 can be derived from na-mi.
- Nami’s measurements are as follows: height 170cm (5’7″), B98-W58-H88 (38.58″-22.83″-34.65″), making her breasts a J-cup in Japan.